Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend highlights.....

In the Jarquin World we have been enjoying some good old fashioned family time.

Friday - Jonathan arrived late, like close to 10pm that's late for us old folks! Justin picked him up at the airport with the baby so Jonathan could get his first peek at his new niece! He thinks she's beautiful of course.....lol. It was great to have my baby home, we visited for a couple hours and then it was off to bed for us and out to visit friends for Jonathan. Always nervous when they are home from the military and take our cars out!

Saturday - We started the day at 4am, Jonathan just coming home from his friends and me not able to sleep. We enjoyed a cup of coffee on the front porch together and caught up on life stuff. It's hard to believe that my baby is just weeks away from his 21st birthday. That he is in the Navy, serving his country, it's like he's a grown up or something? Crazy! We still had normal life stuff to accomplish so Jonathan caught up on his sleep while Justin went to class. We went to visit Becca at work since she didn't' see him on Friday night. Oscar's parents came by to spend the afternoon, the boys went off to the movies and the girls went shopping. Dinner was very nice, his favorite of Ham, a new mac and cheese recipe and steamed broccoli. I'm on the hint for that great homemade macaroni and cheese recipe..... tried two so far and they were both good but not wicked good, so the search is still on.

Sunday - Was truly our best day so far. Everyone stayed home Sunday morning, so there was a lot of bodies laying around watching movies, eating breakfast, napping, drinking coffee. Mostly it was just wonderful to watch my 3 kids be siblings together, like they were before the teen years. They laughed at private jokes... kind of like they actually "liked" each other again! We took the dogs to the park for exercise, went shopping to get some outfits for family pics, met Amy my photographer friend at Land Park for photo's. Then it was off to Marie Calendars for dinner and our final stop was Laughs Unlimited in Old Sac.

We have two days left until he heads back and life is back to the usual work and stuff but I have to say it's wonderful to have all my babies back under my roof for a few days!

Pictures to follow when I find my cord to download them.....!

4 comments:

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

And I'll try and post some formal pictures tonight on my blog. Keep an eye out!
Amy

Paige said...

Oh boy! Ive been checking all day!I'm so excited... i'm hoping like crazy that one of the jump shots works out....

Marianne said...

Paige, I'm glad you're having fun. By the way, I have a great mac and cheese recipe that I am confident you will like.

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the fam! Winter is growing fast.

Eric