Tuesday, December 30, 2008

T-Minus.... can counting

There are two countdowns going on in our family right now......

The first is Jonathan's deployment for a 9 month tour on the USS Comstock. He has only 11 days left until the ship pulls out. I'm going to miss him being close by in San Diego but what an opportunity to go on a world tour. There's a slim chance we may be in Australia at the same time late January. Jonathan and I have been planning an email contact system so he can keep me updated on all the cool places he visits. 

Australia is the second countdown, It's hard to believe that after almost 18 months of planning and waiting my trip is a mere 17 days away! I've been reading up on shore excursions and in Wellington, NZ there's one that is all the local foodie hot spots. The tour is centered on visiting gourmet food shops, wine tastings, cheese and fruit growers and tastings and a 5 star restaurant.... I'm so taking my fat jeans on this cruise! This morning it was a lovely 88 degrees in Melbourne, time to go dig out my summer clothes and get to packing!

3 comments:

Katie Scott said...

Will you stow me away in your suitcase? It sounds like you are going to have an amazing trip!!

Jennifer Herring said...

Me too, me too! Oh man, what an amazing thing to get to do!

Kristi said...

I just checked out this blog, fun to catch up! Hopefully got my Christmas card. I can send you an invite to my blog, email me: kristi@guinessweb.com. Have a fabulous time on your trip!