Friday, April 3, 2009

25 years ago today......

It was 25 years ago today that Oscar and I married. Well depending on who you ask, the title of this post could have been "25 years ago tomorrow", because Oscar thinks we were married on April 4th not the 3rd as we have celebrated the previous 24 years. 

Here's a little history...........

We had an original wedding date of March 16th, 1984 in Redondo Beach, CA. The Marine Corps decided to practice the old saying "if we wanted you to have a family, we would have issued you one in your seabag" by not getting his new orders to him in time to come home.  We canceled an entire wedding in just a few days, got all the necessary paperwork and blood tests done and bought a plane ticket to North Carolina for me to wing my way east on March 16th. 

When I arrived everything was smooth except in NC you need a full physical and not just a blood test to get a marriage license. It took two weeks to get an appointment and the certificate signed off. One afternoon I was sitting there and said to myself... "today seems like a good day to get married" so I grabbed my dress and a change of clothes for Oscar and went to pick him up from work on base. It was very late when we arrived at the local magistrates office, like he was trying to head home for the day, but he was gracious and stayed a few more mintues to marry us. We then went off with Kim & Randall Love, the couple also waiting for orders that agreed to be our witnesses on the spur of the moment, ate Chinese food and went home. 

That happened on April 3rd but according to our marriage license that we ordered a copy of about 5 years ago, it happened on April 4th. I know it was April 3rd because I remember thinking how weird that my parents anniversary was April 1st, my sister's April 2nd and now mine on the 3rd without even trying. I think what happened is the magistrate wanted to get out of there so badly because he was running late that he didn't write it in the log book until the next morning. Oscar says I'm just crazy and it's the 4th. 

So this year we celebrated both.... what woman wouldn't love to have TWO anniversary dates!?!

What have I learned in the past 25 years? I can tell my husband anything and he will still love and respect me. Sharing a life is so easy when you sincerely respect the individual you are sharing it with. It doesn't matter where you live, a trailer park in North Carolina or a 5 bedroom house in Natomas.... the house is much nicer and easier to live in though..... There is always enough love, time and money to do whatever it is your heart is truly committed to accomplishing as a unit. The most important part is that God is the center of our life together.

Today I am more in love with the man I married than I was 25 years ago.... no matter what day it happened on!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Yea to your love story! What a fun and special adventure you have been on! We're rooting for you and predicting at least 35 more years! You aren't even to the 1/2 way point yet with so many wonderful years and memories ahead!

Love you,
K & L

玉の輿度チェッカー said...

玉の輿度チェッカーで簡単にお金持ちの相手をGET出来ますよ!!その理由は登録者を厳選して最低年収を1000万以上の稼ぎが無い方には、御遠慮うようにしているからです。これでアナタもこの不景気に、簡単に玉の輿に乗れちゃいますよ

神待ち said...

さくらを徹底的に排除するサイト独自のシステムを導入!シロートだけの神待ちサイトが誕生しました。アナタ好みの娘を選び衣食住を与えれば、後はアナタ専用の奴隷の出来上がりです

ジャパンカップダート said...

第11回 ジャパンカップダート 2010 予想 オッズには抜け穴がある・・・現場スタッフによるデータ収集、さらに血統に関しても徹底して分析済み!出走馬の調整、展開を完全に読みきる!裏情報を独占公開