Friday, August 29, 2008

Missing a good friend already

Today is a sad day for me. I have a good friend at my company, we'll just call her Miss C., today is her last day and I'm going to miss her terribly. Granted she is going on to something bigger and better, an advance in her career that is amazing and which she totally deserves but.....

I'm still here and she makes my time at the office bearable when things get un-bearable. It's not like I'll never see her or talk to her again but it will be different somehow.....Mostly because she isn't in the thick of it anymore, she is done dealing with all the things about this place that drove both of us crazy on a consistant basis.

Have you ever had a person in your life that is just good, honorable, beautiful inside and out? Miss C is all those things and occasional more. She is my best snarky pal, we just have fun together.

I'm not a fem-nazi by any measure but I sincerely hold the belief that women are the core to our society, we are what makes the world go'round, in a way that isn't easily put into pretty words. Helen Reddy did a great job however in her song "I am woman"...



Miss C is this song..... She leads and teachs in action, not just words. She is an amazing single mom with a daughter that is not surprisingly one of the best teenagers I've ever had the pleasure to know. She believes in people and has a true desire to see them succeed.

This is Miss C holding her flowers esnt by a friend on her last day...she will be greatly missed!



At least now we have an excuse to get together more often.....

No comments: