Saturday, August 2, 2008

Snoozing......



Remember that post about all the things I had to do this week... well yesterday afternoon I needed a break as did Winter, so "The Girls" took a nap. We both had a much better attitude when we woke up!

Oscar is doing okay.... he seemed better on Thursday than he was yesterday. There wasn't much pain while he was at the hospital but its been a bit bothersome since he got home. Overall, he is doing good, takes lots of 20 minute naps throughout the day.

My birthday on Thursday was very nice.... Oscar & Becca bought me a digital camera... point & shoot Kodak easy share... it's purple and super easy to use, I'm very excited about that! I've been dropping a ton of not so subtle hints for the last couple of months about wanting a digital camera! I also received two figures for my precious moment's collection... I love those things. And a toddy maker... I'm gonna do a whole post on that thing... it makes a killer cup of coffee! Winter brought me Starbucks and flowers at the office Thursday.... We ended up at Sushi Cafe for dinner one of my fav restaurants... they have the best Miso in Sacramento. It was a fun & quiet celebration of my 41 years on this earth. On Sunday, I'll figure out how to download pics from my camera so you can see the celebration!

This weekend will see the end of the moving.... finally! Just a need to get everything out of boxes now!?! Everyone has been putting in some long days to get this accomplished, so I'm glad the hard part is over! The upside is we see a lot of Winter because the best help we can give Suz & Justin is to entertain her while they move stuff.

Gearing up for baby shower now. I did some prep work yesterday while Oscar napped and the orzo pasta salad was a disaster! I'm one of those cooks that does a pinch of this, snip of that... "Oh I wonder how that will taste in here".... the answer to the last thought... not good! I used a raspberry walnut vinaigrette on it.... Yuck. I ended up tossing the whole thing! It doesn't happen often but when I make a bad call on an ingredient it's a doozy!

6 comments:

Marianne said...

That's funny about the orzo thing, because I just made an orzo pasta salad this week! Haha! I mixed in spinach, mint leaves, olive oil, feta cheese, and pepper to taste! Still have left overs if you want to try it. See you Sunday!

Paige said...

marianne... that sounds so yummy. mint is something I rarely experiment with but now I have a garden full.. I guess I should try

DeAnna said...

That is a cute pic of you and winter! Happy Birthday Paige sounds like you had a nice day!!

Jennifer Herring said...

Very cute napping picture. Were you actually asleep or just posing? ;-)

Don't work too hard on the food, okay? I mean it! And let me know if you need help!

Katie Scott said...

Glad you were able to get some rest with Winter! So cute!! I am thankful that Oscar is doing ok and is in recovery mode. See you tomorrow!!

Paige said...

I was actually sleeping...suz took this picture.

Thanks for the birthday wishes...