Monday, September 8, 2008

Ever peel a hard boiled egg?

My sister is a whiz in the kitchen... she shared this with us this morning via email...

You don't have to be a Sous Chef to appreciate this video tip that really does work. Instead of the slow boil the video suggests, see my tip for cooking the eggs. Removing from the heat helps prevent the green sulfur ring.

Cover eggs with 1-1/2" cold water and 1 t baking soda. Bring to a boil over med-high heat. Once it boils, cover and remove from heat for 15 minutes. After about 5 minutes of standing in the hot water, uncover, gently stir the eggs, recover. This helps reposition the yolks. After 15 minutes, drain and immediately cover with cold water. Then onto the peeling tip. Be sure to make the holes big enough - you'll see what I mean.


Here it is folks..... oh yeah he says a bad word... there should be a low level profanity label for this, cuz Paige Never says bad words.... laughing at myself...



Hey just a thought... this will work with my tip on deviled eggs.... I'm a genius

1 comment:

Katie Scott said...

no way! i want to go boil some eggs just to try this!! i hope it really works because I hate peeling eggs!!!