Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What is the purpose?

I started this blog because... well honestly because it seems to be the new hip thing to do. All my friends have one, so I thought what the heck... I'll start one too.

What to put in this blog became teh object of my thoughts..... my friends mostly talk about their children, the adorable little monkeys that children can be before they turn into teenagers. My monkeys have all gone past that mark and it seems silly to write about the adventures of Becca my 22 year old college student... her life isnt' really that interesting on a daily basis to anyone but me.

I pondered more and thoughts of my life after "Gastric Bypass Surgery Hell" was definately a topic up for conversation... but seriously who wants to read about the daily adventures of things that go bubbly in my tummy? There's always my spiritual journey... beena bit interesting lately with my new mentoring group but again...daily...naw. There's the awesome new grandbaby on the way and I can and will shamelessly plug Winter Elizabeth ... I"m sure she will get plenty of blog time but really her mom and dad should do one specifically for her.

So with this confusion swirling around in my head... I choose to do nothing with this blog till I felt I had direction and this was okay with me. I mean seriously no one but me knew it exsisted and my life was so busy with the wedding, holidays and life in general.... it was no big deal

Then..... darn Jennfer if she didn't put a link to my postless blog on HER BLOG! Now people were going to see that I had done nothing so back to the confusion looking for direction.

It's been a week and I have settled on making this blog about me... all of me. The funny parts, the yucky parts, the sad parts... my pastor Eric Bain said "Church is a journey into the known and unknown" and my life is definately a journey into the known and unknown.... Lots of unknown actually and that's what I"m going to blog about....me.

To all of you that hang out.... thanks for staying we will have to see how the Lord moves me to post about Paige.