Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Endings - The Kitty Tale



On Saturday driving home from work, my oldest son Justin noticed a poor kitty had been run over by a car and he stopped to help it. Those of you who know Justin well, will not be surprised by this because it's a very "Justin" thing to do.

Fast forward past the grisley details because it involves some very mean & hungry crows... yuck. There was a liter of kittens fromt his poor dead momma kitty and only one survived until Justin showed up... He scooped up the little guy and rushed home.
Fast forward again to my 8 1/2 month pregnant daughter in law comes running through my front door asking for a heating pad. After I heard the story we rushed down the street to their house, while I called my friend, a Davis vet student on the cell phone to find out what to do. Warm it up and stimulate it she said.... I found a very cold, non-moving, seemingly non-breathing kitten that looked only a few hours old.

I'm happy to report that after many hours of rubbing, warming and a late night visit from my friend.. the kitty is doing well. I'm so surprised, I really didnt' think it would live past the first few hours. Justin has been doing the all night feedings...every hour and a half.... I think it's good practice for Winter's arrival personally......

Today Justin works and Suz has mid-terms so the kitty is staying with me at work. Man it brings back memories... so helpless but cute! Kitty needs a name.... any suggestions!








2 comments:

Katie Scott said...

so cute!!! hopefully Winter won't need to eat every 1.5 hours--that get so exhausting!!

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Soooooo cute........ Amy