Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Trader joes is fast becoming one of my favorite places to shop. They have been expanded their selection of ready to eat foods in the past 6 months but I think I've found a new food love... mini chicken asada burritos with fresh salsa. There's two in a package ($2.99) for me that translates into two lunches, add half an apple and hunk of cheese and baby you can't beat it!

Its made with thigh meat coursely chopped, fresh cilantro, the onions are small and look to be the re-hydrated type and spices... not excited about the onions...nothing better than the fresh onion cut and cooked to tender/crunchy perfection but for this application it will do. The enclosed salsa cup is of the "El Fresca" variety and mild enough for me to enjoy.

I definately encourage you to pop it in the nuker for a minute or so... heat brings out the flavors but in a pinch cold will do.

Lunch at my desk really blows but since the food is good I guess I'll survive!

Eat well friends