Monday, April 7, 2008

Baby Showers

Celebrating the birth of a new baby is an exciting time. Suzanne was blessed by family, friends and Church family with 3 baby showers welcoming Winter Elizabeth into this world. Each shower was very lovely and meant a great deal to Suzanne for different reasons.

On March 1st my sister-in-law Flora, my sister Pam and good friend Erica held a shower in my hometown of Redondo Beach. This shower also served as an opportunity for famiy that couldn't make it to the wedding in December, to meet our new daughter-in-law.It was great. Oscar's extended family arrived and it was so wonderful to see them all! My sisters culinary skills as always, were greatly enjoyed, Flora did an awesome job hosting and Erika on the games....a fun time was had by all.

On March 30th Riena Williams, Suzannes' fathers fiance and I co-hosted a shower for family and friends in the greater Sacramento area. The food was great but I have to say the mimosas were the hit of the party! Watching My daughters Becca & Suzanne interact with their friends from Chico and old high school firends was fun. The games were played, gifts opened and everyone had a great time.

On April 5th, Amy van Riessen from our church hosted a lovely Saturday luncheon for the moms of our church to introduce Suzanne to other mommy's for advice and support. This shower was so unique in that the advice was so sound from all the new moms and the gifts so practical.... just like a new mom would give! I learned a few things myself.

As I unloaded the car from this final shower and helped Suz start to put things away... I looked around the nursery and was amazed and humbled at the generosity and love of our friends and family..... Everywhere I turned I saw gifts.... bedding, boucy seats, a bumbo, blankets, clothes, shampoo, lotions, rocking chair, crib, sheets and diapers...yikes so many diapers! But it's more than the material aspect.... for every item I realized that the gift giver is someone important in our life as a family. The bulk of these items came with words of wisdom, money can't buy wisdom.....

So to everyone who shared a piece of their heart and wisdom, who helped plan games, cooked food, sent out invitations and took part in this wonderful time in our lives...welcoming the newest generation of "Jarquin".... thank you from the bottom of my heart!

3 comments:

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Awww... that's so nice! I'm glad both you and Suzy felt loved and supported! That's the way it should be!
Amy

Katie Scott said...

It was great to meet Suzy and share whatever new mom advice I have. I hope we did not scare her too much!!

Jennifer Herring said...

I'm sorry we weren't able to make it, but I'm SO glad that it went well!