Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Meanderings.....


I'm not sure I get to meander at all this week... life is full of happenings! I woke up this morning and realized I have a ton of stuff to do before the baby comes. I've spent so much time focusing on other things that I didn't clean my own house. I've also decided that no matter when the baby comes, I'll take my vacation days next week. The update on Winter Elizabeth's arrival is an induction on May 18th if she hasn't seen fit to arrive on her own by then. This means working long days this week to get everything done so I can relax next week.

Bible Study/ Devotions: This Tuesday marks the final time I get together with my Pastor of Disaster and the two lovely ladies she is mentoring along with myself! I've been reflecting on this journey and how I've opened my heart and life to God in the past 18 months... it's scary and joyful all at the same time. The Lord has definitely seen fit to bless me with these three women. Journaling is also something new that I'm enjoying so much, even when I read back and find I"m not liking what is coming out onto the paper... some pain I need to deal with.

Must-do List:
Go to Home depot and get compost and some kind of liner to finish the back yard by Wednesday.
Put an outfit in my car just in case I get "the call" from the kids and need to go directly to the hospital.

Find a new internist within 3 miles of home and make an appointment by Friday!


Homekeeping: I want to get the bed set up in what we currently refer to as the "office" in the upstairs. My mom is coming to visit next Monday(5/19) and she doesn't care for the terrible "Barking Blue Dog" that lives downstairs... A bed is a must. Plus we never use the desk in there excpet to pile our mail on! Hummm need strong men to move things...should have put that on my Must do column...find strong men!

Menu Planning: My plan for meals this week are to find whatever food is available and try not to eat out to many time! No time or energy left for meal planning. Thank the Lord for putting Amy in my life on Thursdays!

Personal Health: I'm happy to report that I have reached my goal weight of 120lbs. I'm a solid size 4 now and very happy with it. Decided this morning that the surgeon, no matter how wonderful she is, isnt' really the right person to help me stabilize my life/health issues. So as you read in the must do column I will be using Lori's advice & direction and finding a good internist this week. One closer to home, read not in Elk Grove and not just a GP but someone who understands the delicate balance and issues of a post gastric bypass patient.

Blessings to All!

3 comments:

Katie Scott said...

Wow! You do have a lot going on! Good luck with everything and I cannot wait to meet Winter!!

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

I thought being a grandmother was supposed to be less work then being a mother? Your list is exhausting!
Amy

Jennifer Herring said...

Way to be ambitious!