Saturday, May 3, 2008

Time flies when you are having fun....

This has been a busy week. My great nephew Oliko has been in the hospital with possible RSV so please pray for him and his parents. My niece Laura is always amazing to me, she seems to never panic and take things in stride, she needs sleep so pray for that please.

Still no baby for Suzanne.... She is so ready to have Winter, she tells us on an hourly basis just how ready she is! Honestly she is a trooper, still going to class and getting the school work done, even if she does feel "Like a planet"...her words not mine.

Work is interesting...experienced a bit of discrimination for the first time...female in the male world of construction... I guess I'll leave that one alone since I'm still rather ticked off about it. I'll blog later when I'm more reasonable on the subject.

My daughter is going on 4 weeks of no smoking... I'm so proud of her. She is already looking a bit healthier to my bias maternal eye...

Last night we spent a few hours at 58 degrees a wine bar downtown and embarrassingly I admit that just 6 ounces if wine is enough for a nice buzz. After gastric bypass the alcohol hits you must faster because you no longer have a stomach to buffer the release into the blood stream. Upside...I feel it very quickly, so I'm a cheap date.... down side is it fades almost as fast but I guess that's good since I can drive sooner.

Fun times on Wednesday night when I went with a couple of friends to 31 flavors ice cream. They had a fund raiser going on that was a scoop for .31 cents. We stood in line for an hour and twenty minutes....in 3 inch heels! I dont' even eat ice cream! It was great to spend that time just visiting and catching up with my friends and my kids were very thankful for the ice cream so it was a good thing for everyone.

This week everything seems right with the world... things are moving forward with Oscar's job, I got a raise and an extra week of vacation from my job, our church family is still grieving the loss of our pastor and his family but we are moving forward, any day now we will be grandparents and I am loved by many...... the list seems long on the plus side!

Happy Saturday to all... it appears that this week was a blessed one!

3 comments:

Katie Scott said...

It looks like things are going well and you had a good week. Still praying for Suzy...

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Awwwww... what a positive upbeat blog post! Just what I needed! (although I guess it's not really all about me)
Amy

Paige said...

Of course it's all about you Amy.... I love you friend!