Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Camping Fun

Roger and Nancy Ewers invited us to their annual family camping event at Russian Gulch near Fort Bragg. We had so much fun, everything about it was memorable but the best part by far was the company. Nancy and Roger were incredible hosts, conversations around the campfire, laughter, good food, cards games, lots of little kids to play with and Mexican train... what was not to love about the weekend!

Every trip has at least one memorable moment... ours was this.... Saturday morning Oscar and I were up sith the sun, well before the sun actually. I desperately wanted coffee but all we had with us was a small one burner stove thing a friend had loaned us. Never having used it before we stumbled around in the dark, finally got it lit and boom, white gas everywhere. Table cloth on fire, Oscar grabbed it and it kept burning. Into the dirt it went, while I dump the pot of water to stop the flames..... Attempt #2, yes I was that desperate for a cup of coffee, we got it to boil and when I went to grab the pot it spilled all over the table. Attempt #3, yes still that desperate, I finally got my french press full and had my coffee.
Side Note: Sunday morning we drove to town at 5am to find a Starbucks... no way in heck I was going through that again!




Roger and Nancy "The Host's with the Most"




Oscar and I on Saturday Morning after a little scenic hike


This is pretty much what I did all day Saturday



Kristen and I spent hours on the beach watching the kids.


Oscar with Roger and Charlie after breakfast on Sunday morning.


1 comment:

Jennifer Herring said...

Looks like lots of fun! And, as for the white gas explosion, you've always got to have some kind of adventure on a camping trip, right?