Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Living it... We definately are doing that

This is not a feel sorry for Paige, she is so busy post. Just a peek into my week... the title of my blog says it all... Jarquin world....Livin it!

Yesterday Becca finished off her stuff downstairs and is completely moved into the extra bedroom upstairs. She is being such a good sport about all the changes.... Giving up the apartment downstairs to Justin & Suz was a great help. She worked her butt off getting it move in ready! I'm really very proud of my girl.

Last night was completed with a trip to Urgent Care for my 4th bladder infection this year! Whoo-Hoo those are always so much fun. The upside is that the doc gave me a liquid antibiotic this time so maybe it won't take 2.5 rounds of Cipro to cure the infection. Having a gastric bypass belly means I don't absorb many medications well and liquid form of anything is much better so I'm really hopeful one round will get it! Stuff tastes gross... no wonder my kids never wanted to take their medicine when they were sick.

Today Oscar is officially off work for one week as tomorrow is the big surgery day. So far we haven't even heard what time the surgery is scheduled for, this is driving me crazy cuz how can I plan if I don't have details!?! He is helping Justin and Suz get the rest of their stuff over to the house. The move is going pretty good, except yesterday Oscar and Justin decided to move a piano by themselves.... crazy.

Becca plans to be at the hospital all day with Oscar tomorrow and will call me as soon as the surgery is done, so I can get there to see him in recovery. We've talked a lot about me being there and given that we don't even know what time the surgery is.... I'm going to work until he hits recovery.

Thursday I suspect will be very boring..... a lot of watching Oscar sleep and helping the kids get settled assuming everything goes well and they let him come home! We are definitely praying for that. Justin and Suz will spend the day with him. In the evening, I'll probably do some cooking for the the baby shower on Sunday. I'm super excited about that. I love cooking! Our good friend Marianne has offered to come play with Miss Winter while we are all working... I think I will take her up on that!

Friday I have the day off to take care of Oscar at home. Again probably lots of sleeping and/or video games.

Saturday is all baby shower prep! I'm so excited about this... Jennifer such a sweet lady and a good friend!

A bit on Miss Winter. She is getting so big, she had her first set of shots last week and apparently cried less than her mommy... She weighed in at 11.5 pounds but doesn't have a lot of fat on her. She is a very lanky kid, not from our side of the family for sure... that's all Donia. Her grandpa Rick and uncle John are both over 6' so it's not surprising that she will likely be a tall one. Last night I was singing a song to her and she started cooing back at me. It was so cute...this long soft sounds. Makes me smile to think of it.

That's it folks... the rest is all normal stuff. Please keep Oscar and his surgeon in your prayers tomorrow. Again I'll post as I know things but dont' be surprised if you hear nothing until evening.

Hugs all around!

1 comment:

Jennifer Herring said...

We'll definitely be praying!

And thank you for everything you're doing for the shower! Seriously - it's SOOO sweet of you and I really appreciate it!