Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Never admit guilt

I got a moving violation this morning it's been something like 10 years... this totally blows.

I'm driving to work and I get about 6 blocks from my house and there's flashing lights in my rearview mirror. First thought..."I'm not talking on my phone, why is he pulling me over?" Then comes the standard question... "Good morning Ma'am, do you know why I pulled you over?"

First why does he call me ma'am... that's for old people, I'm not old! I'm young and sassy! So Miss would have been way better! Second our police friend has always told us to not answer those questions just say "No, I have no idea" and to just take the ticket and fight it later... Come to find out he pulled me over for making a California rolling stop at a flashing red light.

I did stop this morning.... I DID! But I don't always completely stop though, so I'm thinking I'm due this ticket and shouldn't fight it. But that means traffic school...boo!

1 comment:

Jennifer Herring said...

Hey, I got my first ticket ever last week for the same thing! I think they're just desperate for money with all the budget stuff that's going on... ;-)