Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Where does the time go - Justin


Justin turned 24 and we celebrated at home with a cake and gourmet pizzas.

I remember the day he was born 24 years ago... well most of the day because I was on huge amounts of drugs and slept a lot but that's a story for another time. I remember bringing him home and being so in love with this little creature. At 5lbs. 3oz. he was definitely "little"! In the last 24 years this baby has grown to be a good man. It's weird and amazing to write that.... man. He is one though because my first born child has a first born of his own and is very happily married.

Justin requested a pizza with caramelized onions, roasted chicken, goat cheese over a light spread of Alfredo sauce, all this on wheat crust for his pizza. There was also a veggies pizza with toppings from my garden and I made a chocolate cake that is normally wicked good but for some reason the cake itself didn't rise correctly so it was a little to dense for me.... still tasted great with fresh strawberries. The frosting is one of my favorites although it's definitely not diet food!

Presents are easy when your kid like fine alcohol.... One very large bottle of Grand Mariner that he cracked open and shared with everyone. It's really a very nice drink.

Happy birthday son....

No comments: