Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday was a day....

Oscar is doing okay.... he is still feeling a lot of discomfort which I wasn't expecting at this point. There has been a constant low grade fever since he came home, that hasn't subsided even with all the antibiotics he's taking. Also I cut his pain meds from 2 tablets to 1 every four hours. This seems to work better for daytime than at night. he wakes up every morning in pain. So today I gave him 2 tablets in the morning and we'll see if 1 works the rest of the day. I set my alarm at night to take it on time but last night he turned it off and took it 1 hour late, that might be why it's not working as well.

There is still that window of feeling "good" that lasts about two hours and he really wanted to get out of the house yesterday so I found a movie that fit our two hour window and off we went. He did okay for a little while but you could tell by the end of the movie he was uncomfortable again. We took a little drive and picked Becca up from work and he spent several house in the afternoon with his brother Pedro and family.

Dinner last night was great, my friend Lori made us some chicken and salad...thank Lori very yummy! Yajahira, my sister in law also made some black beans that were sooooo good. I ate them last night and this morning will make eggs to go with them. Black beans are a great staple for the frig and in Costa Rica they have them frequently... you can pair them with anything or eat them alone. Excellent for an easy meal, lots of protein.... I can never make them as good as his family does.... I make a mean southern casserole though!

The Hulk in case you are interested was okay. It reminded me of the movie Transformers in that with computer animation is so heavily used the fight scenes turn into this noisy blur of action. I don't really know how to explain it, except that I miss old fashion stuntmen and editing.

The topper for the week is my burb died. Just plain old died when I was driving it to work yesterday. I had it towed to the repair shop and it's the fuel pump that needs to be replaced. I've never heard of such an expensive fuel pump.... $498.00 for the part and $295.00 labor. Obviously Paige will be doing some bargain hunting to get that puppy fixed! Oscar keeps saying "I'll do it myself", as he struggles to stand up straight ....lol Such a sweet man. At 87K miles the car is feeling the miles.....

I was having a bit of a pity party yesterday afternoon over all the stuff that is happening at one time and a good friend reminded me that it's really just life and the Lord is there for us no matter what. I read the story of Job and I have to say that a sick spouse and a broken car really aren't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things....

Oh yes... our friends Jennifer and Donovan were able to make use of the camping spot this weekend! I'm so excited that they are having a family weekend out in nature.

1 comment:

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Wow... fuel pump, eh? That sucks. If you want to really get perspective on what you're going through, think about the trials of Jesus. Now that's suffering. That's not to minimize the "suckiness" of having a sick husband, child and dead vehicle though. You're allowed to be sad.
Amy