Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Weekend travels....

Oscar is Mr. Plan It and I'm more of a Fly-By-The-Seat-of-Your-Pants kinda gal. So when we sat around Thursday night thinking what would be great weekend fun, running off to LA seemed a little to spontaneous to him but his near brush with death is changing his attitude a bit so he gave his stamp of approval on my plans. It was that or the many hours of sitting and watching TV he had originally planned for the weekend just wasn't doing it for him! He is feeling much better...much better but is still a little low on energy so he figured the drive is still sitting but at least he will get to see family and friends.... which is exactly what we did!





It started Friday night with a stop at his best friend Mike's house. I always love stopping to see Mike, Margaret and Julia.... they are just fun people to be around. Margaret is an artist and seeing her stuff in progress is like a sneak preview of a genius at work. This weekend she showed me a huge piece she is doing on peonies. I realized that in 16 years of friendship I had 1 picture of us as a group, so I took a new one....this is the 4 of us at their place in Manhattan beach. I look sleepy in this picture yuck.


Then it was off to Otto's house. We got in late and famished around 10pm, so we hit a 24 hour cafe in Belmont Shores Long Beach... excellent food. Back to Otto's to sleep... I don't like blow up mattresses they are incredibly uncomfortable! We stayed with him both nights and it was great to just relax and visit.




My nephew Robert recently graduated from UCLA... Go Bruins! The big party was Saturday in San Diego... jello shots are a lot of fun.. thank you niece Amanda. Rob has done so well... graduated with a 3.6 GPA, I am so very proud of him. Next stop for him is law school, he will hopefully be coming to visit in July and I'm going to take him to tour McGeorge School of Law. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll choose to go there and be near us for the next 3 years!


After breakfast Sunday morning we made a quick detour to the Orange County swap meet...man I miss shopping there. They have such cool stuff and it's usually so inexpensive. Bargain find was 3 t-shirts for $9. After that we hit the road, it was a peaceful drive but why does the trip home always seem to take so much longer then going there?

4 comments:

Jennifer Herring said...

Sounds like loads of fun! Glad your last-minute trip went so well!

DeAnna said...

So glad that Oscar is feeling better! And glad you had a nice time on your trip!!

Katie Scott said...

How fun and spontaneous of you! Glad you were able to see some friends and family and that Oscar was feeling up to the trip. I totally agree with what you said at the end of your post. The trip home is always so much longer!!

Elise Thompson said...

Oh my God! You have collarbones!