Friday, June 27, 2008

Good Grief Charlie Brown

It's been a while since I've bitched and complained about my health post-RNY. It's definitely not because I don't have anything to bitch about... in fact I have plenty. But since October 07 there's always something pending.... wedding, baby, summer vacations and this stretches out to my trip to Australia next January. I keep thinking, I'll just get through this next thing, then I deal with this health issue. "Dealing" means I need to find a surgeon that is willing to operate on me, making sure we have the finances to cover us in case it turns into another 11 month recovery and most importantly that I have the emotional wherewithal to handle another 11 month of puking. Right now the answer is no to all of thee above. Plus who really wants to put their family through all of that again...the first time was plenty ugly enough for a lifetime!

I'm ashamed to say that it's been a year plus since I had my blood work done and almost that long since I went to complain once again to my surgeon about the pain when I eat just under my left rib cage, the obnoxious and abnormal amount of gas, the ever present nausea...yes it still happens daily...and the hypoglycemia that I've been final able to control with diet. There's a few other fun things but I won't gross you out.

In self reflection I have to admit that I look pretty damn good right now and with some exercise I will stay that way. Does that make me shallow... willing to put up with a myriad of complications just because I look thin? I think it does...

No comments: