Sunday, June 29, 2008

Where the hell is Matt?

I've been surfing blogs these days. It started on the Himmels blog through links and I've found a whole new universe. I'm learning new stuff about links, formatting, putting pics and videos... it's turned into a major education.

I found this video and had to share.



Not sure why but watching Matt and his travels caused me to get emotional. Not the welling up with tears maybe a little tightness in my throat but also a warm feeling and smile. I wonder if it's the thought of sharing something so silly and simple as a dance all over the world or if it reminds me that I want to see all those places and not sure if or when that will ever happen.

A longing for youth? Perhaps regret, for starting parenting at the ripe old age of 16and never having the opportunity to be a free young adult.

Then I think about my son serving his country on a ship off the Hawaiian coast, my daughter who's working her way through college, my married two taking off on this great adventure called parenthood and of course Winter... how can I for even a moment regret the awesome human beings that I brought into this world and who everyday, 20+ years later surprise and awe me at their incredible goodness?

Not regret for sure...

I hope this video makes you smile like it did for me.

4 comments:

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

That cracks me up. And it most definitely gives me the travel bug!
Amy

Marianne said...

Oh Paige, I loved the video. It made me emotional too. Thanks for sharing.

Katie Scott said...

Matt looks like a pretty fun guy! I understand why you would get emotional watching it--once you get your health stuff figured out, you can look forward to a retirement of traveling....

Elise Thompson said...

Oh my God, we DID turn into the movie BEACHES. I hope I'm not the one who dies, nothing personal.